HYPERBARIC NURSING STREAMS
The following hyperbaric units have submitted their Hyperbaric Nursing Course and had it endorsed by the HTNAs Training Committee. This endorsement is based on the guidelines stated in AS/NZS 4774.2:2019:
- The Townsville Hospital's Hyperbaric Unit
- Royal Brisbane Hospital's Hyperbaric Medicine Service
- Wesley Hyperbaric (previously The Wesley Centre for Hyperbaric Medicine)
- Prince of Wales Hospital's Department of Diving and Hyperbaric Medicine
- The Afred Hospital's Hyperbaric Medicine Service
- The Royal Hobart Hospital's Hyperbaric Department of Diving and Hyperbaric Medicine
- The Royal Adelaide Hospital's Hyperbaric Medicine Unit
- Fiona Stanley Hospital's Hyperbaric Medicine Unit (previously Fremantle Hospital)
- Royal Darwin Hospital's Hospital Hyperbaric Unit
- Slark HyperbaricUnit - Auckland
- Christchurch Hyperbaric Unit
- RAN SUMU*
If you completed your Hyperbaric Nursing Training in one of these facilities, please regard your training as suitable for Full Membership. If you have trained in another facility, or you would like clarification of your training suitability, please contact the HTNA Nursing Training Committee.
HYPERBARIC TECHNICAL STREAMS
Those working in the 'Technical' fields of hyperbaric medicine (Hyperbaic Chamber Supervisors, Chamber Operators etc.) should comly with AS/NZS 4774.2:2019. If you have any questions about your 'Technical' qualifications, please contact the Techncial Training Committee for clarification.
*Underwater Medics who have completed their training at the Royal Australian Navy's Submarine and Underwater Medicine Unit (previously The School of Underwater Medicine) have suitable training for Full Membership status of the HTNA.